The use of silk began in China and was confined to that country until the opening of the Silk Road. Starting in the 4th century BC, silk began to reach the West by merchants who would exchange it for gold, ivory, horses or precious stones. Although silk was exported to foreign countries in great amounts, the making of silk remained a secret that the Chinese guarded carefully, letting the empire maintain its virtual monopoly. Shortly after 300 AD, however, the secret of making silk reached the West through a number of different channels, including the Silk Road.
Throughout the ages, silk has been an important segment of the apparel industry. Likewise, in recent years, silk peptides are becoming an important segment of age-defying organic skin care.
Silk Peptides = Beautiful Skin! Silk peptides are collections of amino acids, which are building blocks for protein and collagen. Without peptides, skin loses its firmness, wrinkles appear, texture changes and it doesn’t bounce back.
Benefits of Silk Peptides:
- Stimulates collagen production. Silk peptides encourage the production of collagen, which in turn improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin.
- Skin protection. With film forming abilities, silk peptides form an age-defying protective barrier to keep out damaging free radicals.
- Plumps skin. With naturally moisturizing benefits, silk peptides are able to penetrate the outer layer of the skin to plump up and minimize fine lines.
- Dewy radiant complexion. Promotes soft supple skin with a smooth, silk-like sheen while guarding your skin from dehydration.
- Promotes healing. Anti-inflammatory properties encourage healing of skin irritations and infections.