Frankincense has been traded in the Middle East and North Africa for nearly 5,000 years. It is believed that the Babylonians and Assyrians burned frankincense during religious ceremonies. Ancient Egyptians bought entire boatloads from the Phoenicians, using it in incense, insect repellent, perfume and salves for wounds and sores. It was also a key ingredient in the embalming process.
The frankincense trade became the most lucrative in the world from 1000 B.C. through A.D. 400. For a time, it made southern Arabia the richest place on earth. Considered priceless, legend warned that the Boswellia trees from which frankincense was produced were guarded by flying serpents for protection.
The word frankincense is derived from “franc encens,” which means “quality incense” in old French. Linked to several different religions over the years, it was as valuable as gold because of its many uses.
- Frankincense has been used for thousands of years for its skin rejuvenation benefits. It continues to be one of the most effective essential oils for treatment of aging skin.
- Improve skin elasticity. Frankincense has the ability to strengthen and lift the skin for a more supple appearance.
- Minimize inflammation. This oil has a soothing effect on the skin. It reduces redness and irritation while also producing a more even skin tone.
- Minimize scarring. Significantly heals wounds and reduces scarring and acne. Also beneficial for fading stretch marks.
- Reduce age spots. Frankincense is one of the most effective oils for ridding the skin of discoloration due to aging and sun exposure. It is a natural lightening agent for hyper-pigmentation.
- Remove micro wrinkles. Ability to strengthen skin and regenerate healthy cells, promoting overall health of skin to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Lift, tone and tighten your skin. Need we say more?
Our products that contain Frankincense:
HydraQuench Facial Moisturizer
One of our most potent moisturizers. Active ingredients have been added to their maximum percentage for profound results. Absolutely necessary to turn back the hands of time.
SILK Facial Moisturizer
Silky, rich and elegant. Exceptionally hydrating. This moisturizer has the ability to dramatically change the appearance of your skin – look for smoother, more supple youthful skin.