Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum)
Milk thistle is a plant that has been used for centuries as a treatment for liver and gall bladder disorders. In medieval medical books, it was recommended as “good for an inflamed liver.” The active complex in milk thistle is silymarin, known for detoxifying, regenerating and stabilizing cell membranes. In organic skin care, it supports and promotes a healthy radiant complexion with exceptional age-defying benefits.
Benefits of Milk Thistle:
- Repairs and prevents sun damage. Silymarin, an extract found in milk thistle, has the ability to repair skin cells that have been damaged by UVB radiation and minimize age spots and discoloration.
- Anti-oxidant and detoxifying properties helps removes toxins to help your skin become more resilient to aging.
- Directly fights aging skin. Milk thistle when used in organic skincare fights an aging reaction in your skin called glycation. As we age, the bridges between protein and sugar (which keeps your skin supple) begin to break down and cause wrinkles. Milk thistle supports anti-glycation to promote youthful skin.
- High in vitamin E, milk thistle is especially effective for dry skin, with superior moisturizing and age-defying effects to improve skin elasticity and resiliency.
- Decreases inflammation. Silibinin, another extract in milk thistle, has been shown to block inflammatory enzymes to improve skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema and rosacea.
Plant Stem Cell Serum
This powerful serum has the ability to significantly reset your skin’s aging clock. Long term use reduces skin aging by 50%, and will result in a generation of new younger skin cells. One of the most potent ingredients in the skin care world today, plant stem cells are absolutely vital for regeneration and for maintaining a youthful appearance.
The most remarkable property of a plant stem cell is that it personalizes its work to the specific needs of your skin. While most cells in your body have a precise purpose, plant stem cells have the potential to develop into “specialized” cells – they can fill in where they are needed most. For example, they can boost collagen, protect against sun damage, brighten skin, repair fine lines and wrinkles, restore and maintain firmness and elasticity, repair damaged cells. Plant stem cells are dictated by their environment – they customize what they do depending on what your skin needs.