Jakaré was founded in 1995 with the intention of encouraging women to create meaningful rituals of caring for and honoring themselves. Our products are created based on this philosophy — skin care to enhance external beauty as well as nourish the heart and soul. We believe that beauty does not begin or end at a certain age. It is not defined by a number. Beauty exists at all ages — it is timeless.
We are committed to honoring our core values:
- Protecting our earth’s natural resources and promoting the use of sustainable ingredients.
- Supporting small family farms and cooperatives globally, with an emphasis on women-owned or women-managed endeavors.
- Contributing to worthwhile causes that promote the enhancement of women’s lives around the world.
- Absolutely no animal testing.
We are proud of our distinctive features:
- Best of nature and science. Our products are a blend of concentrated organic ingredients and scientific actives, providing performance driven results that are exceptionally effective and natural.
- Research and development. Jakaré’s dedication to continuous research guarantees cutting-edge formulas. Our products reflect advanced and sophisticated skin care innovations that are occurring in the market today.
- Consciously sourced. We are proud to source many of our ingredients from family farms, fair trade organizations and women owned cooperatives. By seeking out these partners, we are supporting them as well as discovering old world beauty rituals and culturally inspired beauty secrets from around the world.
- Ecological packaging. We use frosted glass bottles and jars to preserve the integrity of our ingredients. The functional packaging and marketing materials of our products encourage minimum use of resources, thus positively affecting the health and sustainability of our environment and the world around us. Fewer dollars spent on packaging means more dollars spent on ingredients — which equates to optimum results.