What is CoQ10 and why do I care?
CoQ10 (also known as ubiquinone or coenzyme Q10) is an enzyme that we produce naturally in our bodies, consume in our diets, and can apply to our skin externally through products. It is similar to a vitamin (sometimes called vitamin Q) and is found internally in every cell.
AgeLESS and CoQ10
AgeLESS is a powerhouse of essential nutrients and active ingredients that synergistically work together for the prevention and reversal of aging skin. In addition to DMAE, alpha lipoic acid and fruit extracts, a very critical ingredient is CoQ10.Unfortunately, as we age the production of CoQ10 in our bodies diminishes. As a result, cells lose their ability to protect themselves. They also become less efficient in energy production, which is necessary for youthful skin.
Benefits of CoQ10 when used in skin care products:
- Photo aging. CoQ10 helps protect against premature aging due to overexposure to the sun.
- Collagen production. As we age, collagen in our skin decreases, leading to wrinkles and dry skin. CoQ10 helps fight the breakdown of collagen and actually stimulates collagen production.
- Rejuvenation. As skin ages, the elastin gradually deteriorates, causing dull sallow looking skin. CoQ10 helps keep your skin firm and encourages elasticity by promoting the production of elastin.
- Powerful antioxidant. Oxidative stress from UV rays, pollution, toxins and stress can cause premature aging and lead to wrinkled, sagging skin. CoQ10 helps neutralize harmful free radicals and protect against oxidative damage.
- Energizing. CoQ10 encourages the production of energy within the cells, providing the ability to repair damage and keep skin cells healthy and thus younger looking.